Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to understand video compression to achieve great looking results for video content on the web, and social media.
You need no previous experience to is required.
• Understanding the core principles of video optimisation
• What are codecs, containers and formats
• Common file formats and what they are used for
Compressing Video and Audio
• Compression fundamentals
• Resolution, frame rates and aspect ratio
• Using different CODECs
• Looking at keyframes
• Compressing audio
• Target bit-rates
• Variable bit-rates and constant bit-rates
• Using different software to compress video and audio
Different Media Standards
• Working with MP4, MOV and WMV
• When and why to use Flash video
• Creating archival quality video
Social Network Video
• Recommended settings for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Instagram
• Saving presets in Adobe Media Encoder or Apple Compressor
• Preparing audio files for podcasts and streaming services
• Considerations for hosting your own video
• Web browser compatibilities
• MP4, WEBM, OGG and GIF
• Predicting file size of your video
• Preparing files in DVD format
• DVD authoring software
Questions and Answers
This one day course is designed to introduce the concepts and techniques required for efficient video streaming and downloading. You will also cover how to correctly prepare video for disk-based media. Whether you are a web designer, video producer or editor, graphic designer or simply have an interest in presenting video content, this course covers the topics software manuals leave out and will allow you to optimise video and audio for trouble-free playback. You need no previous experience to attend this course.